Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2016

Love Is...Remembering That Day



Love Is... Remembering That Day.... And the Promises You Made!



















Every once in a while I go and get our wedding album out.  I was totally ‘high’ that day on ‘love pheromones”.  That day is a total blur to me.  I just couldn’t believe that this beautiful girl was actually going to marry me.  I don’t remember a lot of details about that day.  If it were not for the for the pictures and guest book I would not be able to remember a lot of the people that were there  either.  Our officiating minister graciously presented us with his original hand written copy of the vows we said that day.  To this day when I see those photos and read those vows in our wedding album, my eyes tear up as I realize the times I had forgotten those vows.  Reading them regularly now keeps me more focused on the promise and not the feelings created by the moment.

I think every couple should have their wedding vows printed, signed, framed and placed prominently on their bedroom wall as a daily reminder of the promises they once made to each other.  If you do this,  it will give you clarity in the midst of the emotional fog that sometimes becomes daily “living”.  Love must be on purpose, because it was a promise you made, and others depend on it.
_________________________
© Herald’s Corner,  2016

No comments: