Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2016

If Every Couple Quit....

TRY THIS test the next time you have a really serious disagreement with your partner. Are you ever surprised with how short a time it takes for your mind to process the logistics of initiating a divorce? What is my first step? Will I move out or will they? Should I delay saying anything until I am more financially ready. How will we tell the kids? Then... you shake your head. "This is nuts...why am I thinking this? We can fix this."

Statistically, the majority of couples who thought they were at the "end of the road" reported being much happier together with a stronger marriage 5 years later when they stuck it out and worked through the issues.

Once again: A great marriage is not one without issues, it is one where two people have learned to work through the issues. They will not allow themselves to scope out the "exit door" as soon as the "work" becomes too hard.

No comments: